Metroland Readers Survey Contest Rules
1. Agreement: These rules govern the Metroland Readers Survey Contest (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsors: The Contest sponsor is StarMetro. (the “Sponsor”). Pulse Research Inc. is the survey provider (the “Survey Provider”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of Ontario who have attained the age of eighteen (18) as at the start of the Contest Period and have not previously completed the Survey (as defined in Section 5 below). Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or Survey Provider or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
4. Contest: The Contest begins at 9:00 am ET on April 17th, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on June 25th, 2019 (such period, the “Contest Period”).
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize. During the Contest Period, either:
(a) access the Metroland Pulse Reader Survey at www.pulseresearch.com/metroland , (the “Survey”), complete the Survey (which will take approximately 60 minutes) and at the end of the Survey, follow the instructions to complete and submit an entry form with all the required information to enter the Contest; OR
(b) mail Pulse Media at P.O. Box 2884, Portland, OR 97208, Attention: Metroland with an original and unique three hundred (300) word essay on the following topic: How would you spend the $3,000 prize money? When entering, be sure to review these rules and regulations and include your full name and phone number with your essay. Your entry must be received by 11:59 pm ET on June 25th, 2019 in order to be eligible to win. Proof of your mailing does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or late entries or postal delays, strikes or errors.
6. Winner Selection: Six (6) potential winners will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible entries received, which draw will take place at the Survey Provider’s office located in Portland, Oregon at approximately 1:00 pm ET on July 7th, 2019. Each potential winner will be contacted by telephone by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid. Limit one (1) prize per person.
7. Prizing: There are four (4) prizes available to be won, one (1) $3,000 grand prize, (1) $1,000, and one of (2) prizes of $500.
8. Prize Claim: Prizes will be sent via mail or courier by the Sponsor to the postal address provided by each winner. If a potential winner fails to provide a valid postal address to the Sponsor within 72 hours of notification that he/she has been selected as a potential winner, such selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another potential winner using the method described above. Neither the Sponsor nor the Survey Provider shall be responsible for unclaimed, lost, damaged, or stolen prizes or for postal or courier delays, strikes or errors.
9. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, each potential winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (the “Release”) releasing the Sponsor, its related parties, the Survey Provider and any prize supplier from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name, photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further notice, review, approval, consent or compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, and its respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed Release must be received by the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
10. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Survey Provider and any prize supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
12. Banning: Either the Sponsor or Survey Provider may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
13. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Neither Sponsor nor Survey Provider shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website, app or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.